Saturday, May 28, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Friday, January 22, 2010
Two weeks ago, I was out home teaching for our church when we came upon a very unusual sight. A deer with christmas lights caught in his antlers.
The deer had come to this house, knowing that the people who lived here would help. He had come to them before when he needed help and they befriended him, feeding him graham crackers to calm him down. They cut the lights off, and with a belly full of crackers, the deer was on his way until the next time.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
She, Barb, and the cat, Pumkin. enjoyed doing things together such as watching the City dig up our street.
Grammy loved getting to know some of her great grandchildren.
Our grandkids loved getting to know her too.
Mom helped Barbara get through a lot of boxes. Thanks Mom!
Any way, thanks for coming Mom.
Monday, October 26, 2009
As you will note on the slide show, this house has a bomb (or fallout) shelter. The whole house is very well constructed with steel I-beams as the main support of the house (and the shelter). It is very roomy and has VERY LITTLE mold. There are a couple of spots in the basement and some in the shelter but, very little considering that the house has not been lived in for two years.
The house has a large eat-in kitchen(20x13), formal dining room(13x9), and living room(22x13), good size bedrooms and a full basement, (where we will be putting mom's sewing room and eventually my office). It has a large storage room and then " the shelter", which is accessed by a series of hallways. It also has a hidden exit in the backyard. The yard is large, about a 1/4 of an acre. It also has a two car garage.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Last week we were so excited, we thought that we had found "our" house. But, alas, it was not to be. Thursday afternoon the house was inspected and many problems were found.
The heating and air conditioning systems had many problems, holes in the ducts; broken joints; inproper placement which could cause fires; un-insulated ducts, lack of proper venilation; etc.
On the roof, almost all of the vents were either rusted, not enough clearance from the roof or other problems
However, one of the biggest things was "MOLD" in the whole house. The house looked so nice when we looked at it, however with the lights out, a flashlight told the whole story. There was mold on every interior wall with the exception of the living room. There was mold in the attic and mold in the crawl space. The mold was up the wall in some places up two to three feet.
Because of this, I estimated at least 20 K for repair, we withdrew from the contract on Friday.
Well, back to the drawing board, we will keep looking. Young John and Mandi are being our eyes and feet there. We will keep you posted.