Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PopPop, the tour guide

Last Tuesday, David's parents came into town from Safford Arizona. Since I did not have any work scheduled, I drove the family around. The Browns told me that they enjoyed the tours and my commentary. I guess I could go into tours if I ever lose my job. We first stopped in Kemah at the board walk, however the splash pad seemed to be having an off day, so we left and headed to Galveston and rode the ferry.
The girls loved the ferry, especially when the waves came over the bow.








The next day we went to Lake Jackson to see the State seawater fish hatchery, but it was closed so we found the bluewater hwy which went along the beach from Surfside to Galveston. Along the way, we found a beach that we could drive out on and played in the water. In the back of the picture, Gordon, David's father is enjoying swimming in the surf. Katie came home with a bad sunburn. However fun was had by all. The next day, we went back to Lake Jackson to the aquarium and had alot of fun.

No comments: